What are we Really Loving?
So have you thought about how fast food is really manufactured? Of course you don’t think twice about this question because, for one, it’s fast, cheap, and it doesn’t seem to break your pockets as much…so you think. So what really goes on behind closed doors of these fast food companies? It’s time out with filling your body with trash. It’s time to sacrifice your desires in favor of your health. Yes, it might look mouthwatering (due to digital editing software), but at the same time it’s causing inconceivable harm to you, family, and friends.
Do BETTER, Want BETTER, and Be BETTER!
Know Your Worth!
Know What You Deserve!
Because You ONLY get ONE Body!
Are We Really Having it our Way?
Reasons to say NO to Fast Foods!
- Real/Artificial Food: While every day cooked food at home will perish after a certain period of time, fast food burgers retain their fresh appearance for a very long time. This can easily fool customers who do not have a hint of this alteration in their burgers. The use of excessive preservatives is harmful for your health, which the majority of fast food seems to overlook for gaining more and more profit. Next time you eat a burger somewhere make sure that you are having one that is recently made and not days old.
- Fast Foods are Addictive: The more you eat fast food, the more you crave it. It is proven to be an addictive substance that is most likely to create dependence in vulnerable populations. If you eat fast food once a week or more, you may be addicted to it.
- Weight Gain: It would require tons of effort to burn off the calories you will gain after eating a single meal at McDonald’s, Burger King, Taco Bell, etc. Your Coke, French fries, Mexican wraps, chicken nuggets and burgers may seem appetizing, but they are a deadly mix of processed oil and calories.
- Sugar and Salt: The fast food chains like to use excessive salt and sugar to make their meals lucrative and tasty. However, it has been recorded that consumption of such meals may lead to increasing cases of diabetes and high blood pressure – health issues that are plaguing many countries today. Are we paying for the kind of food that invites diseases into our systems? Clearly this is a violation of health standards, and until you take notice of the hazards of fast food you may be at high risk of developing these diseases.
- Sanitary and Safety Standards: Most fast food chains cannot be directly blamed for being unhygienic, but there have been cases of gross mishaps in safety standards. This is bound to be the case with restaurants staffed with low-paid employees and high turn-over rates. It’s popular that the majority of companies have constantly maintained a very attractive low price scheme for customers, but at the cost of safety standards. While you may think that your French fries are made of delicious potatoes imported from the USA or otherwise, think again! They may be mixtures of milk and wheat at the end of the day. Taste is not everything. Health should be given the first priority for both young and old generations.
- Environmental Hazards: Fast foods are not only harmful for human beings, but are known to have the carbon footprints left behind in the making of French fries, McChickens, burgers, tacos, nuggets, and Mexican wraps. Much of the soy-based animal fat used to fatten chicken and make it look delicious is grown in the Amazon by clearing huge tracts of forest land. Therefore, Fast food chains like McDonald’s support completely unsustainable agricultural patterns and may destroy the natural food cycle. Global warming is a very visible threat to the earth today and such unsustainable practices have led to the melting of the ice caps, change in weather patterns and other disastrous events that haven’t yet stricken us, but will surely cause large scale damage if not checked right away. You as customers of such food chains should take a moral and responsible step to contribute to the safety of the planet.
- Animal Cruelty: Not only are plants and the agricultural cycle at risk, but animals, too, are exploited in the process of manufacturing delicious looking food. There has been news often enough about the cruel treatment meted out to farm animals in the processing of meat and chicken. They are pumped with artificial steroids to increase the amount of meat gathered from one. Even if you are a non-vegetarian, there must be some ethic to the way animals are treated before they become a part of your platter. The unhealthy processing used to fatten meat is not only harmful to your health, but it leaves more than a 1,000 animals dead per day. Do you want to be responsible for mass murder?
- Low Wages for Employees: How is the fast food so cheap? Have you ever given it a thought? It is so very cheap because most of the workers are working in these restaurants for very low pay with no overtime payment or any other benefits of the sort. There are hardly any holidays, either, and treatment of workers is also a critical issue that has yet to be explored. You are getting your food this cheap because someone else is sacrificing their income for it. Do you want to be supportive of such a regime? It brings us back to an era of slavery almost.